What type of file can I upload?
- SCORM/Moodle (.zip)
- H5P (.h5p)
- Word (.doc)
- PDF (.pdf)
- Powerpoint (.ppt)
- Video/Audio (.mp4/.mp3)
How can I upload my files?
- Choose the file to upload
- Choose where to upload your learning content
- Select the ‘upload’ button
- *Note that your learning content must be approved. Once you send the request, an admin will take a look. Make sure to follow the guidelines at [ INSERT LINK HERE ]. It can take 2 days to get the approval.
Upload your content
Select the ‘upload’ button below and fill out the form to upload your learning content on the platform.
What are the impacts and benefits of sharing content?
- Find the most up to date existing learning content over the GC
- Share your learning content within the GC
- Upload your learning content to help other public servants
- Build on an existing shell of Learning content to save time
- Spend less time looking and creating from scratch learning content
- Get feedback from other departments about learning content
Please select a valid form
eCampusOntario has partnered with Pressbooks to offer free access to a Pressbooks EDU account for anyone currently affiliated with one of our member institutions. Pressbooks is an online formatting and publishing system that makes it easy to create professional, well-formatted print and digital resources. Pressbooks is a Canadian-built, open source tool built on WordPress.
Pressbooks EDU comes equipped with the following:
- Web, PDF, EPUB, MOBI, XML exports
- Public and private content control
- Graceful support for interactive content and multimedia content
- Downloadable and printable book exports
- 3rd Party Integration such as H5P, hypothes.is, and Google Analytics
In addition to Pressbooks EDU features, eCampusOntario members have access to dedicated technical support from Pressbooks.
Sign Up for a Pressbooks Account
Sign up for your free Pressbooks account. You must be affiliated with one of our member institutions.
Support for OER Creation
Thinking about creating OER? eCampusOntario can help. Whether you’re unsure where to start, you need Pressbooks training for your team or institution, or you are looking for collaborators, we can help you get the answers you need.
Please fill out the following form if you have adopted an OER (open educational resource) from either eCampusOntario’s Open Library or another collection. You have the opportunity to share as much or as little information as you wish. While eCampusOntario is keen to report students’ savings, we are also looking to connect successful OER adopters with educators considering the option.Please select a valid form
eCampusOntario is committed to growing its library of OER open educational resources. To maintain the quality and relevance of the open collection, eCampusOntario reviews all submissions. Before you submit a suggestion, please read through our criteria for inclusion in the collection.
- Meets current accessibility requirements under AODA and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
- Resource is released with an open license (i.e. a Creative Commons license) or in the public domain.
- Resource includes at least one editable file e.g, Pressbooks XML, HTML, or Word (.doc or .docx).
- Resource is available in at least two different file types (i.e. .pdf and .doc).
- Content includes the Canadian context and examples.
- Resource includes interactive learning objects or videos.
- Editable files are available for all objects e.g., raw video files.
- Resource includes ancillary resource such as test banks, videos, or presentation slides.
Ready to Submit?Please select a valid form
eCampusOntario has partnered with The University of Waterloo to provide high quality print copies of resources in the open library. The University of Waterloo’s ingrained commitment to cost-savings for students positioned them as the appropriate partner for Print on Demand. Students pay only the cost to print and ship the text.
Please note the following limitations of our Print on Demand service:
- Orders for print on demand are non-refundable. Once placed, the order can be neither cancelled nor returned. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Not all resources in eCampusOntario’s open library are suitable for printing. The University of Waterloo’s ability to print depends on the platform chosen by the author(s).
- Although the printing processes at The University of Waterloo are efficient, time is a factor. Within 2 business days, your order will be filled, but there is also shipping. If you need a copy as soon as possible, consider printing the lower-quality, but readily available PDF or Word version of the resource (where applicable).
English Review page
Have an idea, a comment or a request?
Please fill the form below and we will be in touch shortly.
The Educational Technologies team is part of a large user experience team at the Canada School of Public Service. It participates in the creation of accessible, affordable and intuitive learning tools allowing everyone to learn it.
Made up of graduates in the fields of education, engineering and information technology, the team believes in the constant reiteration of the processes of educational technologies supported by research.
Adding to the Library
Have you created or adapted an OER that suits post-secondary education in Ontario? Have you found an OER that meets your quality assurance standards and think it should be included in the open library? Let us know.
The eCampusOntario Open Library is a product of the Open Publishing Infrastructure Project – a collaborative effort between eCampusOntario and Ryerson University. Our Print-on-Demand partner is the University of Waterloo. Special thanks to Hugh McGuire- Rebus Foundation, Agile Humanities, Peggy French – eCampusOntario, and the teams at the Ryerson Library, the Chang School, and the Ryerson Office of e-Learning for their contributions.